Sunday, October 28, 2012

...on Prepping For The Holidays

One of the topics that weighs heavily on my mind is how to share the holidays with my husband while he's 7,000 miles away.  I want to be able to start new traditions like any other family.  The whole Thanksgiving/Christmas season is my favorite time of year!  I don't like the idea of being away from my husband during the season, but that is what I have and I need to find productive ways to make it as great as I can.

I am going to create homemade decor for our home.  Pinterest had several cute ideas!  A monogram "wreath" for the front door, a garland for our columns on the porch, perhaps lights and garlands for indoors as well.  I am planning on making them during the month of November, taking photographs for an album, and sending our home holiday spirit to David in December.  Now that I think about it, I have only 4 weeks to create all of my projects!  That seems like such a short time frame right now, haha.  It's going to be great to stay busy AND create lasting home decor at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment