Sunday, October 28, 2012

...on Getting Good News

I've discovered that the months leading up to the deployment are the worst part of the deployment.  I cried and freaked out about the deployment up until the day that he left.  It has been 3 weeks since he left and I haven't had any kind of emotional breakdown.  I do understand that I'll eventually have a breakdown... but I'm fine so far!  Husband has WiFi in his "room" and a satellite telephone to call me, so we talk every day in some fashion.  One of my worst fears was that we were going to have a strained relationship because we wouldn't be able to communicate often.  Ehh, that hasn't been a problem so far!  :)

I found out last week that I have gotten the job with Wounded Warrior Battalion on Camp Lejeune.  I am beyond excited about it!  I'll be an aquatic exercise rehab assistant!  I also found out that a former coworker got a similar position!  YAY!!  She's really amazing and we work well together.  I can't wait to get started.  I will finally make money that is worth mentioning and contribute to my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment