Friday, October 12, 2012

...on Care Packages and The Holidays

Dirty Little Secret:  I LOVE CHRISTMAS DECOR!!!

My 25th birthday is in 3 weeks, and when I lived in my own apartment, I would decorate for Christmas as early as Nov 3!!  When I lived with Ryan, he forbade me to decorate before Thanksgiving... I think I got away with 2 days prior to Turkey Day.  David is kind enough to let me decorate whenever I want!  (Plus, he's not here this year and I could do it anyway.  I'm in charge of this beeyatch!)

The first care package went out on Wednesday Oct 10.  I think I will make it a bi-weekly event, so the next one will go out Oct 24-ish?  I might have to include some cute Halloween-themed goodies inside!  I know the other wives are doing that.  David likes candy a lot (probably too much) so I think I'll stay away from that.  I'm also going to put in some delicious home-canned food!  I'm going to do roast beef, green beans, apples, and potatoes.  David is going to love it!  :)

I think I'm going to host my family at my house for Thanksgiving this year.  With Grandma's passing, we don't have much of a reason to say in Garner.  I am really going to enjoy having my family here, too.  I can't wait to show off my little one-stoplight town, take them to the beach, and have them meet my in-laws.  I guess I should start planning this shizzzz pretty soon.  My family doesn't do planning very well.  They're kind of the go-with-the-flow, last-minute-decision kind of people.

I had an interview on Tuesday for Wounded Warrior Battalion on Camp Lejeune.  I would love to have that job!  My goodness, it sounded like an amazing opportunity.  If I get the job, I'll be working by December.  That would be awesome - especially to keep me busy while David's gone.  I want to see Eden for New Year's Eve, though.  I hope this job doesn't keep me from doing that...

I suppose I have to clean the house at some point.  I'm getting a weird sensation to go do that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment