Tuesday, September 25, 2012

...on Happy Moments

This past weekend was spent in Raleigh visiting with friends and family - it was an amazing couple of days!!  We went to Roth on Friday and had a bang up time!  Their Cinnamon Porter was on point - it tasted like I was drinking an oatmeal cookie!

Saturday was spent tailgating with great friends.  There was so much food and brew!  It was an amazing time and seems like the 4 hours we spent together just flew by.  We were there for the NCSU v. Citadel game, which was a good game! NCSU won by a landslide. :)

Sunday, David and I visited with my family in Garner.  We got to spend time with Grandma, and we even read her a birthday card.  She took a fall last week and fractured her shoulder.  Her hip and head are bruised as well, so she's in a bit of pain.  It was sad to see her looking so frail, but it was awesome to get to laugh with her again.  She's such a silly lady and I love her very much.  Julian loooooves David because they play together.  David can lift Julian up and toss him around in the air.  Julian just giggles and laughs :)  It's so cute.  I know David was getting tired of doing the same thing over (and over and over), but that's how a 3-year-old's brain works.  We spent the day with my fam, had dinner, and then went to Goodberry's.  What a great day!

Monday, poor David didn't get the day off.  He had to go to work to print something off, have a dentist appointment, and some other stuff.  I went with him since it was just a short day and he wanted me to spend time with him if I could.  It was sweet that he wanted me there.  We came home mid-day, had a delicious lunch, snuggled on the couch, watched David play Pokemon, and then we went out for Yozio and a walk on the beach.  While walking on the beach, we ran into a couple of people David knows from his unit and we stopped to talk for a while.  Then we continued our walk on the beach, when David started talking about how great we get along and he's the happiest that he's ever been.  He stopped our walk, got in front of me and held my hands.  He told me more awesome beautiful things about how if he could marry me again, he would do it all the same.  Then he got down on one knee, took a box out of his pocket, and held out a necklace to match our wedding rings.  It was beyond sweet - I cried.

He didn't have to propose - we are already married.  He didn't have to plan it all out, get me jewelry, take me to the beach, and he didn't have to get down on one knee... but he did it.  It was a most perfect proposal and I love it.  My dreams have already come true because I'm married to such a loving, caring man... but today another dream came true and I got the proposal of a lifetime :)  I dreamt about it last night and woke up with a smile. When I hugged my husband before he left for work, I was thinking about how lucky I am.  And right now, I'm documenting the evening that we had together so I can read about it when I miss him the most.  I'm sure thinking about it will bring a smile to my face and tears to my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment